MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Making the FJR yours - what have you done, want to do, plan to do, and how?
Post Reply
User avatar
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
Posts: 9298
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013 -"Lucky13" -motoman break-in by jwilly...
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 9893
x 4946

MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by wheatonFJR » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 am

Laying around the house...amazed that a '13 just rolled up to my door.

User avatar
Pterodactyl
Veteran
Posts: 435
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:16 pm
FJRModel: 2013
Location: Big Sky Country
x 31
x 797

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by Pterodactyl » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:26 am

Hmmm, don’t think I will be one of the first to give it a try.
The Outpost, Silver City, MT
Team Pterodactyl
2018 Ural Gear-Up, 2017 R1200GSA
Image
Image

User avatar
ionbeam
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 995
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:14 am
FJRModel: '15ES in Low-Viz Assfault Gray
Location: Sandown, NH
x 137
x 1520

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by ionbeam » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am

I wonder about the amount of company liability insurance they would have to carry to bring that to market.
Pterodactyl wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:26 am
Hmmm, don’t think I will be one of the first to give it a try.
Let's get Mikey, he will try anything...

Image
Last edited by ionbeam on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle Hud loved this

User avatar
Red
Member
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:09 am
FJRModel: 2008 FJR1300A
Location: near Great Salt Lake, Utah, USA, Sol III
x 25
x 133

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by Red » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:50 am

wheatonFJR wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 am
cool stuff by those crazy germans
Wheaton,

I believe that gadget is a one-shot, with very expensive refills. I am guessing that once you set it off, you are supposed to realize that you are riding 'way over your head, and then ride safer until you can get it refilled.

Still, I would not bet my life that it will work as advertised, even once.
Cheers,
Red
- Pirelli Angel GT (Spec A) tires, TPMS, RDL seat, GPS digital speedometer (US$25.00).

User avatar
bungie4
Veteran
Posts: 3775
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm
FJRModel: 2013 FJR 1300
x 1097
x 1735

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by bungie4 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Real men do that with N2o and ROCK THE SLIDE!
Last edited by bungie4 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MindWebs and wheatonFJR loved this
WWPD.
#SnowMexican
Note: The FJR1300ES offers a significant level of power & performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.
Choo choo mf'r.

User avatar
El Toro Joe
Veteran
Posts: 2860
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:22 pm
FJRModel: 2016ES
Location: North Coast of Ohio
x 2624
x 1087

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by El Toro Joe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:03 pm

wheatonFJR wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 am
cool stuff by those crazy germans
Image
Bugnatr and Uncle Hud loved this
"RIP Petey"

User avatar
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
Posts: 9298
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013 -"Lucky13" -motoman break-in by jwilly...
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 9893
x 4946

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by wheatonFJR » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:24 pm

El Toro Joe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:03 pm
wheatonFJR wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 am
cool stuff by those crazy germans
Image
^^^^^^
Been there!
El Toro Joe loved this
Laying around the house...amazed that a '13 just rolled up to my door.

User avatar
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
Posts: 9298
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013 -"Lucky13" -motoman break-in by jwilly...
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 9893
x 4946

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by wheatonFJR » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:34 pm

bungie4 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:40 pm
Real men do that with N2o and ROCK THE SLIDE!
NOS
Laying around the house...amazed that a '13 just rolled up to my door.

User avatar
ionbeam
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 995
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:14 am
FJRModel: '15ES in Low-Viz Assfault Gray
Location: Sandown, NH
x 137
x 1520

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by ionbeam » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:48 pm

NOS

This -->

Image

NOT this -->

Image

:mrgreen:
MindWebs loved this

User avatar
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
Posts: 9298
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013 -"Lucky13" -motoman break-in by jwilly...
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 9893
x 4946

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by wheatonFJR » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:35 pm

I do vaguely remember a forum thread a LONG time ago of some guy NOT knowing the difference. :mrgreen:
Laying around the house...amazed that a '13 just rolled up to my door.

User avatar
bungie4
Veteran
Posts: 3775
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm
FJRModel: 2013 FJR 1300
x 1097
x 1735

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by bungie4 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:40 pm

wheatonFJR wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:34 pm
bungie4 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:40 pm
Real men do that with N2o and ROCK THE SLIDE!
NOS
NOS = N2O, NOS is a brand of N2O injection systems, and a drank preferred by mullet having rednecks from South Carolina.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide
WWPD.
#SnowMexican
Note: The FJR1300ES offers a significant level of power & performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.
Choo choo mf'r.

User avatar
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
Posts: 9298
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013 -"Lucky13" -motoman break-in by jwilly...
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 9893
x 4946

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by wheatonFJR » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:38 pm

Red wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:50 am
wheatonFJR wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 am
cool stuff by those crazy germans
Wheaton,

I believe that gadget is a one-shot, with very expensive refills. I am guessing that once you set it off, you are supposed to realize that you are riding 'way over your head, and then ride safer until you can get it refilled.

Still, I would not bet my life that it will work as advertised, even once.
I'm no mechanical engineer, but I'm guessing an engine could drive a compressor which could theoretically refill that Bosch jet.

I'm hoping I'm long dead before the future communist leaders of this country mandate this device for comrade motorcyclists on their way to the communal farm.
Laying around the house...amazed that a '13 just rolled up to my door.

User avatar
Cav47
Veteran
Posts: 1299
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:42 pm
FJRModel: 2015 ES well appointed FJR
2012 KLX 250S
04 ABS well farkled rocket ship SOLD
Location: Central Illinois.
x 2058
x 1198

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by Cav47 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 pm

Do we need to get a collection going for JWilly now?
I often have found myself when I was not looking, nor did that discovery take place where I thought it would be.
Image

User avatar
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
Posts: 9298
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013 -"Lucky13" -motoman break-in by jwilly...
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 9893
x 4946

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by wheatonFJR » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:36 pm

Cav47 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 pm
Do we need to get a collection going for JWilly now?
Do YOU really want to be leading that parade? :mrgreen:
Laying around the house...amazed that a '13 just rolled up to my door.

User avatar
Cav47
Veteran
Posts: 1299
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:42 pm
FJRModel: 2015 ES well appointed FJR
2012 KLX 250S
04 ABS well farkled rocket ship SOLD
Location: Central Illinois.
x 2058
x 1198

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by Cav47 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:11 am

Nah, but a beta version would sure be fun to observe! I hope I do not need them someday.
I often have found myself when I was not looking, nor did that discovery take place where I thought it would be.
Image

User avatar
gixxerjasen
Veteran
Posts: 2174
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 pm
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Location: DFW
x 1149
x 1869

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by gixxerjasen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:52 pm

Would be useful around here where folks like to hit the gas upon leaving the main road onto their gravel driveway.
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F

philharmonic
Casual Rider
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:53 pm
FJRModel: 07 FJR1300
x 102
x 81

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by philharmonic » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:12 am

ionbeam wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
I wonder about the amount of company liability insurance they would have to carry to bring that to market.
Pterodactyl wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:26 am
Hmmm, don’t think I will be one of the first to give it a try.
Let's get Mikey, he will try anything...

Image
Ah, you have hit on my pet peeve. The other kids gave the LIFE cereal to try because "he hates everything", so when he LIKES the cereal, then they figured it must be GOOD. {at least that's the way I remember it}
I have met the enemy, and it is me.

User avatar
gixxerjasen
Veteran
Posts: 2174
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 pm
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Location: DFW
x 1149
x 1869

Re: MCY Thrusters by Bosch...

Post by gixxerjasen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:45 am

philharmonic wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:12 am
ionbeam wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
I wonder about the amount of company liability insurance they would have to carry to bring that to market.
Pterodactyl wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:26 am
Hmmm, don’t think I will be one of the first to give it a try.
Let's get Mikey, he will try anything...

Image
Ah, you have hit on my pet peeve. The other kids gave the LIFE cereal to try because "he hates everything", so when he LIKES the cereal, then they figured it must be GOOD. {at least that's the way I remember it}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYEXzx-TINc
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F

Post Reply